Raymund's Lego City

Hey, everybody! I'm featuring today some photos of my own Lego City. Just to give a distinction, I've decided to call Ryah's layout as Lego Town, while mine is Lego City. Ryah's Lego town is called Marina Bay, while I have yet to name my city. Any suggestions? ;)


The size of the city is 4 feet x 6 feet, which I think is large enough for now. As you can see, the base of the layout is a bed frame. For the moment, I used the large cardboard packaging from our new cabinet drawer as the brown base of the city. For the base of the water at the upper right corner, I used blue corrugated plastic. While for the base of the park at the lower right corner, I used an old gameboard turned upside down. 

This setup is super temporary as I plan to use marine plywood as the base of the entire city. Obviously, the photos do not show any road base plates yet. I plan to improvise and create my own road plates instead of actual Lego road base plates because they are very expensive here in the Philippines. 1 set of two costs around 1,000 pesos at Harborpoint's Totally Toys, and I feel that it is just too expensive to use for my layout.

Ryah's Lego town used about 95% Lego bricks, while my Lego city is only 20% made up of Lego bricks, which is ironic since I'm calling it a Lego city. I also used bricks from Sluban, Ausini, Wange and Enlighten. All except two of my vehicles are made from Lego bricks, while 1 out of the 8 structures are constructed using Lego bricks, which is the grocery store. All of my city's citizens are Lego minifigures, however.

7 out of my 8 structures are all MOCs (My Own Creation). which are:

1. Hotel
2. Coffee shop
3. Police outpost
4. Grocery store
5. Convenience store
6. Surfing shack
7. Coast guard station

The three-story apartment standing all alone on the other side is the only one that is almost the original set from Wange. I have altered its base and landscaping because I used some of its parts to build the grocery store.

I will feature the grocery store in a separate post. About 90% of the grocery store are made from Lego bricks, which made me very happy. :)

Lastly, here is one more picture from another angle of my own custom Lego City. Enjoy!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MOC: Marina Bay Hotel

LEGO Tutorials: How to Build a LEGO Police Car and a LEGO Kitchen